Find out what's new in Apteco's Q2 2023 software release
In the latest Apteco software release we are proud to announce the launch of audience workbooks in Apteco Orbit. This new functionality will allow for more advanced analytics and visualisation in Orbit. Orbit users can now also harness the full potential of expressions by incorporating them into the calculation of filters in both audiences and dashboards. And in the modelling environment in Apteco FastStats users can more easily identify the best behavioural features to use in a model with the introduction of a new incremental insight metric.
Need help? For a practical, step-by-step guide on how to use any of the features in Apteco software, visit the Apteco help hub.
As part of our drive to bring more analytics into Orbit we have re-engineered Orbit Audiences, laying the groundwork for more advanced analytics and visualisation features.
We've expanded the functionality of expressions allowing users to implement expression logic for the inclusion or exclusion of records in Audiences and Dashboard filters.
Scatter charts can now use bubbles to show both the Insight PWE (using colour) and Insight Coverage (using size).
With data grid dashboard tiles, you can now view and interact with your data in a table format, right from your dashboard. This new functionality allows you to view records on individual lines or as a single page view.
Your ability to identify the best behavioural features to use in a model is extended with the introduction of a new Incremental Insight metric. This single measure allows you to choose dimensions which are both predictive and diverse.
You can now apply text variables such as company name, domain name, postcode or email address as a dimension on your dashboard tiles.
As part of our drive to bring more analytics into Orbit we have re-engineered Orbit Audiences, laying the groundwork for more advanced analytics and visualisation features. Workbooks will offer a more flexible approach to analysis with immersive full screen visualisations that are conveniently presented in a horizontal tab for easy navigation.
Audience workbooks will have a single audience selection with related visualisations that only display records from that audience, so that in time, users will be provided with a complete and comprehensive picture of their data to make more informed decisions. Get started by adding a new item in the redesigned horizontal tab to check results, browse your data on a data grid and export data. You can easily save and re-use your preferred visualisations by clicking the new favourite button.
With workbooks functionality in Orbit Audiences you will soon be able to:
- Explore and engage with dynamic full screen visualisations, to delve deeper into data
- Easily add new visualisations via favourites, tools and solutions
- Use visualisations in both dashboards and workbooks interchangeably
Workbooks will be extended over time to support train-of-thought analysis.
Expressions as filters in Audiences and Dashboards
This release introduces expressions in audience and dashboard filters allowing users to implement expression logic for the inclusion or exclusion of records. Whether you are working with Audience selections or navigating the various dashboard filters such as user filters, predefined filters, or tile filters, expressions are at your disposal to refine and tailor your data views. These filters allow you to gain a deep understanding of an underlying data store and its manipulation, providing precise control over data analysis and visualisation within Orbit.
- Harness the full potential of expressions by incorporating them into the calculation of filters in both audiences and dashboards
- This functionality works for both numeric and text expressions
- We've added an extra tab to the filter dialog, enabling users to set a description, select a table, and enter the desired expression
Bubble charts to show both insight PWE and insight coverage
Scatter charts in the modelling environment in Apteco FastStats can now use bubbles to show both the insight PWE (using colour) and Insight Coverage (using size). When the chart option to colour by insight PWE is chosen, the size is automatically based on insight coverage. This makes it easier to choose between dimensions of similar insight PWE – since generally higher coverage is preferable given that the PWE is similar.
Data grids as dashboard tiles
This versatile addition to Orbit dashboard tiles, allows users to view and interact with rows of data in a table format, right from your dashboard. Offering two distinct viewing options, the data grid tile is perfect for displaying multiple records, while the page view excels at displaying single records. Additionally, the grid facilitates the selection of multiple records for easy filtering.
- This powerful new functionality allows you to view records on individual lines or as a single page view
- The grid view allows for quick and simple selection of multiple records, while the page view is ideal for examining single records in detail
- Easily filter, sort, and search through your data to organise your results into a more comprehensive view
- Although row sorting is possible, it's important to note that this feature is limited to the rows displayed in the grid and does not extend to all rows in the data
Incremental insight measure
This release features a new metric called Incremental Insight in the Apteco FastStats modelling environment. The new metric provides a single measure which enables the choosing of dimensions which are both predictive and diverse. Selecting the top dimensions based on Incremental Insight results in a broader range of variables which would not otherwise be chosen.
- There is an additional option when building the dimension results allowing for incremental insight to be calculated
- The calculation relies on the profile and association results, and so these must either be built at the same time or have been built previously
- This new measure is based on the existing Insight PWE measure, but accounts for the associations between different dimensions
Text variables as dimensions
You can now incorporate text variables like 'company name' or 'postcode' as dimensions in your dashboard tiles. Explore and analyse text-based dimensions, uncover hidden patterns, trends, and correlations that were previously elusive, and gain a deeper understanding of your target audience.
Whether you're personalising your marketing campaigns based on last names, segmenting your audience by company names, or visualising text-based attributes in any other way, this feature empowers you to make data-driven decisions with greater precision and impact.
- Use variables like company names, postcodes, domain names, URNs, campaign codes and job numbers, surnames or email addresses as chart dimensions
- With this feature, 'category display' is automatically enabled, showcasing the top 1000 by default and excluding zero values
Previous Apteco software release highlights
Latest Apteco Orbit updates
Our Orbit development team uses fortnightly sprints and this helps us get the newest features to you as soon as they are ready. If you have installed Orbit, it will automatically update to the latest version.
Q1 2023 release highlights
Explore our new campaign building functionality in Apteco Orbit, learn how to add background colours to dashboard tiles and how to drag and drop cubes on to customer journey selections in FastStats.
Q4 2022 release highlights
Learn about the territories wizard and developments in the modelling environment in FastStats, and improved cubes functionality in dashboard tiles and standardised typography in Orbit.
Q3 2022 release highlights
Discover how you can get results even faster with the point-to-point mapping wizard, how you can benefit from the new cube tiles in Orbit dashboards and campaigning in Apteco Orbit.
Access our range of resources relating to the features and benefits of Apteco software